From 0 to 6 years, there is no need to do any orthodontic treatment, although it is advisable to make periodic revisions as the doctor can identify problems related to the growth of the jaws and teeth.
The advantage of early treatment is that it can prevent more serious problems, and make treatment shorter and less complicated.
Benefits of early diagnosis:
- Influence of mandibular growth
- Keeping the necessary space for teeth that have not yet come in
- Contributes to the improvement of dental problems
- Corrects bad habits such as thumb sucking and mouth breathing
- Avoids extractions of permanent teeth due to lack of space
- Improves facial and dental aesthetics, thereby increasing self-esteem
The eruption of the first molars is of great importance, apart from being definitive pieces they serve as a guide for the correct placement of each and every one of the others yet to emerge.
When temporary teeth have been lost for some reason or another, we must use a space maintainer, which is used to conserve space in the permanent teeth.
Some signs that let parents know if their child needs orthodontic treatment are:
- Early or late loss of baby teeth
- Crooked, protrude, or crowded teeth
- Difficulties in speaking
- The jaw very output
- Difficulty biting or swallowing
- Mouth breathing
- Thumb sucking
Children between the ages of 4 and 6 that need periodical orthodontic revisions to control posible dental or maxillary growth problems in the future.
|Badly positioned teeth||Overbite|
|Early loss of baby teeth||Protruded mandible|
|Late loss of baby teeth|